13 December, 2020

Day 45: How to master storytelling

Today I had an awesome experience with Craig Valentine.
He shared many valuable tips on the path to storytelling.
"Don't get ready, stay ready to speak."
As a World Champion speaker, he is consistantly asking to speak.
Have a collection of stories.

He breaks down into 3 parts of speaking.
Craft, Deliver, Sell

1) Craft
Clarity of Message - Tell a story, make a point.
Never stop asking questions.
When people remember the story, they remember the point.

Foundational Phrase (1st Homework)
• Keep it short less than 10 words.
• Easy to remember for the audience and speaker
• Helps to crystal clear your message
• The phrase determines what stays
• It is not what you say, it is how people receive the message
• Find the Phrase in every of your speeches.

Some examples
• We are not borned to be bored.
• Never stop asking questions.
• Your dream is not for sale.
• What got you here won’t get you there.
• Change small and change often.
• Actions speak louder than words.

What do you want to do, make it visible.
"No Phrase, No Stage."
Who are your audiences came to hear your message
What is your message and what do they get out of it.

Conflict is the hook.
Know exactly the moment of conflict.
Do it early.
Share your failures.
What went wrong?
Remember, spaces, faces and in between the lines.

2) Delivery
Find ways similar to your audience.
Take us to the problem, take us to the cure.
"Speak to one person but look to all."
Make deeper connection with the audience.
Speak directly to the audience
• Use singular
• There is no "some of you"
• it is not the lines, it is "space, faces, in between the lines"
• Hallway test
"Mimic correctly."
Tap back the Memory -> Go and relive it
It has the right emotions and actions


3) Sell
When you are speaking, you are doing sales. Sell the message, take the audience to the next step.
"Never sell a product, sell the results."
Craig mentioned how to become 3 times better speaker through his 52 weeks speaking tips. Each week is only 5 mins of my time. I think this message is powerful.
Today I decided to take my communication skills seriously.
I made the decision to sign up for his 52 weeks of speaking tips and I did it.
When I take myself seriously, my life changes.

Never close at Q and A
People remember best at beginning and last.

Storytelling and uncover your humour
Humour is inside your story.
The characters dialogue.
I remember my stories, whichever makes the audience curious.
You are going to see your dreams, be it and have it.
"Today I move the chairs, Tomorrow I will move the audience." - Craig Valentine

No comments: