27 December, 2020

Day 59: Have a heart talk with Winnie Low

It was an impromtu walk, Winnie just asked me if I am free on Sunday.

I said Yes readily. We had fun in exploring Exploring from Labrador Park, Marina Keppel Bay to Telok Blangah Hill Park.

Somehow we are open with each other, she shared with me her struggles with her room mates and my struggles with my parents.

Winnie is a good listening. She shared with me her life experiences. I thought of wanting to move out of the house. I am motivated to have a place of my own. She makes me see more clearly, was this moving out of desperation or was it out of love. Escape Vs Self independent. To be honest, I feel more of an escape than self independent right now. It may not be a good time to move out of the house. I need to resolve my parents relationship issues.

She also let me see different views on how to communicate with my parents. Treat them like a child, they need care and concern. They need my help. If I could reflect earlier, probably I won't flare up my anger again.

I did feel angry at night again. Actually I also felt my dad's helplessness. I need to learn to shift my thoughts and perception about them. How can I learnt to be more patient with my parents and truly help them?

No comments: