21 February, 2021

Day 114: Rest while you can

Rest while you can, before it becomes a health issue.

A survey by international market research agency YouGov found that 44 per cent of Singaporeans are getting less than seven hours of sleep a night.

Due to our hectic life, we feel so deprived of rest. Recently, I realised whenever I have ample of rest, I am more productive and I can think better.

Rest is not just to make up our lost time or waste of time, but quality rest helps to heal our body to prevent fatigue, release the tension and to rejuvenate our body.

Sleep is not like a financial transaction. We can't deposit ZZZs over the weekend and expect to cash them out later. The loss of rest once lost and it can never gain back.

I realised this truth kind of late. Thankfully, I am still able to take care of my body in self care ways. #SelfCare #WorkInProgress

No comments: