06 February, 2021

Day 99: Area G2 & G3 International Speech and Table Topics Contest

I was late for Area G2 International Speech and Table Topics Contest. I was disqualified. I wasn't disappointed, despite I crafted and practiced my speech for 2 weeks. 

This contest was still valuable to me because I get to learn from better speakers. Their choice of words, their tonality, their stories. Fortunately, I was able to participate in the table topics contest. My objective for taking part in these 2 contests, wasn't to win any trophy, but to see myself how much I have grown. 

For once, I felt that I am more confident, my content flows well and I was able to touch people hearts with what I shared. That's good enough for me. 

I still remembered when I made my first speech in 2005, I shivered and jittered as if my world was going to crumple. I wasn't even able to complete my 4 min speech. 

Life always has interesting ways to surprise me.

After the 4 contests, there was some extra time given, while waiting for the chief judge to tally the final results. Anand, contest chair, asked me to deliver my unspoken speech. My speech was "It is OK to be me". 

I warmed up myself after 3 hours listening to heartfelt speeches, I was able to share my life in corporate world and why I became an entrepreneur, simply because I felt that I needed something more in life. I also shared about self love. Sharing personal stories are a lot easier as they are my life stories. 

This is my first time sharing from my heart with 40+ audiences. One lady came to me and said she was touched by my story. 

We will never know what is the outcome until we learned to participate fully in our life. I am grateful to be me. :) 

No comments: