01 April, 2021

Day 152: IOPT Study Group - Physical Health

3 Physical Health Blindspots
Wants to be seen
- Want Love
- I am suffering

Negative
- Pessimistic
- Self-Critical

Burnout
- Driving yourself too hard
- Self-Sacrifice
Discussion
1. Which blindspots are you similar to your parents?
My mum tells me she is suffering consistently. She always said she self sacrifice a lot for the family. My sister also tells ting ting she self sacrifice a lot for her. I felt pressured. When I did IOPT process, I just realised that in order I want to save her, I made myself also got diabetes, I was trying to reduce her pain. I am also be like her. Io understand her suffering. I am also want love from my parents, I was self critical and burn myself out.

2. Do you often fall sick or have physical symptoms?
What I recall in my childhood days, I fall sick so often that even my doctor unbelieved that how come I was well, after one week later, I fell sick again. It is no major issues, just cough and flu. Somehow I got all sort of children illnesses: german missel, chicken pox, skin rashes even fits when I was a baby. I think I want attention, love and care from my parents and doctors. I felt that people care for me more when I was sick. I even tell my ex-boyfriends how sick I was to get their attention. Of course, I realise this truth, I become healthier, I don't sick that often other than my diabetetic condition. I learnt to take care of myself better. I want myself to be healthy now.

Which are similar to your parents?
I think we all want to be seen, be loved and hence want attention from other people. Give ourselves the assurance that we are okay.

3. Will you allow yourself to be supported?
Definately. I welcome support so that I can be healthier and better in my life. I have seen transformation in my life. Thanks to Hyder, Christine, Seh Leng and Evelyn for supporting me emotionally and mentally.

No comments: