25 April, 2021

Day 176: KDrama - What's wrong with Secretary Kim

Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) is the vice-chairman of a major corporation. His world is shaken when, one day, his highly-capable secretary, Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young), announces that she will resign from her position after working for Lee Young-joon for nine years. Young-joon then decided to do whatever he can after talking to his best friend, who happens to be a Board Director in his company, to make sure Mi-so stays by his side.

Throughout the journey, Lee Young-joon planned plenty of things while Kim Mi-so decides to find for her elusive oppa from a past traumatic experience that she was a part of when she was a young child. Both were unknowingly aware that they shared the same experience of trauma but ultimately, Kim Mi-so falls in love with Lee Young-joon as they heal each other of their past traumatic experience of being kidnapped.

Areas of improvement in the drama, You couldn't really point out an antagonist, I just viewed the brother to be confused. As to the lady who kidnapped them, It would have been better if she was properly introduced and a little story as to who she was and why she did what she did. The story plot can develop further. The conflict was resolved in episode 12 which the show should have ended there, all Kdramas should not have to have 16 episodes.

Last time I watched romance, I will feel my heart pumping and feeling so sweet. Longing to meet my another half. Now I learnt about IOPT, when I watched romantic scene, it is just part of building connection with another person. More rational and less emotional.

Fortunately, I like the supporting characters in the office, I found them quite entertaining and funny, they really carried the show. No wonder, I watched this drama within 5 days! I would say this is a lovely romance drama, ends with a sweet ending. Overall, it’s a good drama. Simple plot, but yet entertaining, cheesy and funny moments, a lot of kisses and brilliant acting. You can watch it if you want a light romance that won’t pressure you too much.

No comments: