04 April, 2021

Day 155: 8 weeks of Mindfulness Reflection

Letter to myself - 3 April 2021

Dear Rachel,
I joined Cindy Laur's Mindfulness Practice because I want to reduce my anxiety and stress.

What I have learned about this MBSR Program are:
1. I learnt that eating mindfully is theraputic. I can taste the food, colors of the food.
Takeaway: Allow healthy food to heal my body.

2. I enjoy Mountain Meditation a lot. Mountain has a lot of life lessions for me to learn.
Takeaway: Whatever that has happened to me, it is nothing Personal.

3. I feel calm when I am in the present moment.
Takeaway: Breath in deeply, Exhale gentle.

4. I am easily triggered by my parents.
Takeaway: I can choose how I want to respond to my parents.

5. When I feel pain, I aknowledge it.
Takeaway: Pain is real, suffering is optional.

My sacrifice: I didn't really sacrifice, I just need to shift some of my activities to other dates and timing.

My challenges: I got triggered by my internet whenever it is down or not working. Solution is to reset the router and wifi power switch. Takeaway: There are solutions in every situation.

Reminded me of Portia Nelson's Poem,"There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery."
Chapter 1 of my life:
“I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out."

Chapter 2 of my life:
"I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out."

Chapter 3 of my life:
"I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately."

Chapter 4 of my life:
"The next day, I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter 5 of my life:
"I walk down another street.”

These life lessons are valuable. It wasn't our fault when we make a mistake but if we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again, it is our fault.

We allow it to happen over and over again. That is living, without wisdom. We can't blame anyone anymore.

Only we choose to increase in our wisdom. We are no longer need to suffer the same way like in the past. Pain is real, suffering is optional.

I feel relax and I am more aligned and attune to my own feelings, my emotions and my thoughts.
1. Be intentional.
2. I feel my body sensations.
3. Be aware what comes to my mind.
4. I can choose how I want to respond.
5. Breath, appreciate, self care.
6. Having the connection to myself fully.
7. Importance of mindful practice: body scan, sitting, walking, eating meditation
8. I am living divine being.

I love myself.

Mountain Meditation Practice. 
Attached a Youtube Link of a reading of Jon Kabat-Zinn's original script. 


Lake Meditation Practice.
You might want to explore.


Release inner conflicts, stop Overthinking, Worry and Stress.

No comments: