05 February, 2007

In this materialistic society

I had an evil thought one day. I wanted to take on the whole project all to myself. I want to be selfish. And this is the time, i shall take back all my own rights. Then, an angel come and tells me this: Even if this pair of shoes doesn't fit you any longer, you should not damage it. Just look for another pair of shoes...

Yes, I realised my mistake that I shouldn't burn the bridges even though I not using it... Because I will not know when do i need to use that bridge again. Why should I wanted to get sacrific my good reputation over few hundreds bucks.. it's just not worth it...

I met a friend of mine recently. Nowadays, she buys more branded goods. She told me she saw a top at a branded shop. I saw the top, its just a simple top that cost her $199. I told her that it doesn't suit her. Anyway, she still bought the top. Yes, i know it's her money, i shouldn't have much comments about it. But is it worth it?

Please don't get me wrong that only rich people can buy branded goods. I can't denied the fact that branded goods have its value and the quality because they are much more durable and lasting. I bought a branded wallet and it lasted me for 5 years without having to change frequently.

The truth is nobody cares how you spend your money. But has your money been well spent? Afterall, wealth will not stay with us forever. Just like my xiao mei says, "What meaning does it says if you wore branded stuffs from head to toe but your wallet is empty."

Please don't change to be a person for whom we are not. I'm not a saint. I could have make a serious mistake because of my own greed. We could always ask ourselves is there a need for it or is it our own materialistic desire to make us feel good about it?

There are too much temptations around us. If we are not careful or alert enough, we will just fall into these dangerous pitfalls and might not be able to get up anymore.

No comments: