06 February, 2007

Angel and Devil

At the darkest moment of my life, I went to see two important men.

The first man was staying at one of the HDB flats. The moment I stepped into the flat, he has been observing me as if i'm his prey. Feeling a sense of discomfort, I stared back at him. He was super huge size man. He's mid 40s. Due to his huge body frame, his head appear smaller. I just can helped but feeling that he was grinning evilly at me.

He asked for my name and the day, month and year I was born. A super high tech guy, using his special software to calculate my destiny. After 10 minutes of calculation, he kept shaking his head...

"You can never lose weight, you are just like me. You eat very little but very easy to put on weight one. So don't bother."

I was shocked by his first statement. He was so right. I couldn't be more agreed with him because I never succeed in reducing to my ideal weight for all these years, no matter how hard i tried.

"You want to be single or married? If you want to single, it is still okay. If you want to find your Mr. Right will have a big problem. Even if you find, you will have bad marriage."

"I can tell that you do not have close relationships with your parents."

"You must wear bright colors and cannot wear blue and those natural colors like brown, black or white"

"Wed, Thurs and Saturday are your unlucky days"

I kept quiet for a long time and finally asked, "Okay, so what should I do then?"

"The only thing for you to do is to change your Chinese name. I can help you to find a good lawyer to help you to change name for just $100. You must do it fast before it becomes worse. I sell you this mortar at $3000. It will do you good. I'm telling the truth because I cannot lie to you."

It's just like a devil asking you to sell away your soul to him. I could hear: “I'm telling the truth… truth… truth…”

Although I was super low morale but my subconscious mind still knows how to think! Crazy ah, asked me to change my name and buy a $3000 stone! I rather buy diamond haha.. In the end, I rejected his "kind" offer.

However, my condition did not improve. In fact, it got worse. I went home and chose to lock myself in the room and refused to come out.

So the next Saturday, I went to see another man. He was mid 50s and has the fatherly look. He looked like a wise man who can give me directions. After looking thoroughly at his almanac, he said calmly, "Your life is quite good but your health is weak, so you must take care. The only bad thing about you is you are too impatient and you may lose your good opportunities because of that."

I told him about my problem. He advised like an angel. He used an analogy, "Just like you wanted to cook the rice. But however, halfway you just off the power switch. Will the rice be cooked? It is only be half cook rice."

These 2 men have deciphered differently about my life. After clearing my thoughts, I felt that it's my own attitude and my mindset. They are just like my angel and devil. They are telling me if I choose a negative attitude in life, I could ruin my life in my own bare hands. However, if I choose a positive attitude, I could improved my life tremendously.

I picked up myself again, tilt my head high up in the sky and choosing to look at my bright side everyday.

No comments: