17 February, 2007

Tiring CNY Eve

Today is the most tiring day of the entire year. Wake up early in the morning, did some exercise at the gym and eat my light breakfast. Went home to help my mum to prepare the praying stuffs. Every CNY eve, we will pray to our ancestors, to protect us for a better new year ahead.

After the sumptuous lunch, i start my tiring day. I have few last min important tasks to do before chinese new year comes.
1) Wipe the windows
2) Change my bed sheet
3) Final sweeping and moping of the floor

The most challenging is changing of my bed sheet. Sound easy, right? But not for my bed!!! My bed is double decker bed. No one sleeps at the bottom bed so the bottom bed is super dirty. Every half a year, I will need to push out the bottom bed to "clean" it and push it back. My cupboard has been blocking the way so it's very troublesome.

If you come to my place, you will understand why I’m so frustrated. Every year, I have been so frustrated with this problem and I have been quarreled with my dad a couple of times due to this issue. Just because he thinks the bed is good quality bed. It's so wasteful to throw away such a good bed! Yes I know its a good bed... so? I don't use it and its "usefulness" is to stain dust everyday and I have to wipe the dust and dirt away...

I have been trying my best to get rid of the bottom bed since "X" years. So this year, I'm going to change my strategy. No more head on so I ask my mum to help me... She has been helping me to wipe the bed so she understands totally what I'm going through. So we "baka" together to think how can we get rid of this "good quality bed".

We come out with a plan to give the bed away so that not to waste it. Give it to my neighbor's maid. Now she's sleeping on the floor. It very bad for her body in a long run. At least with this bed, she can sleep better and i can get rid of it keke.. Yeah, One stone kills two birds.

We persuade my dad with this plan. As usual, he protest to give it away his "good bed" and we might be using again in future... I say, " We always have this same old issue with this bed for few years already but has it been use? No..." Then my smart mum quickly add-on, "Aiyah, we can always take it back when we need it again mah."

My dad finally gave in because he got no more strong reason to keep his GOOD BED. Hahaha :)

No comments: