23 February, 2007

Nice Surprises

I received an unknown phone call from australia few days ago. Heard an aussie voice from another end. Trying to figure out who this guy was... He said he is Daniel. I'm surprised to received his call 'cause I couldn't recongise his voice.. Probably his aussie accent is too strong :P Anyway, he called to inform me that he will be back for a few days during CNY and hoping to meet a few of poly ex-classmates.

He called again last night. He wanted to go back to school to visit our lecturers in the morning. I was on leave today so i don't mind to go with him. However, the lecturers told him that they can only meet us in the afternoon. I'm quite happy to meet him 'cause it has been few years back since i last saw him.

Yeah, its still the same old Daniel that i seen him. He doesn't change much in his looks, probably a little bit matured. Little things that he said and done, makes him look gentleman and charismatic. Probably, staying in Australia for few years has changed him to a better person.

He used to stay in amk, so I brought him to the amk hawker centre. We ordered all the food that he missed to eat them for 5 years. After breakfast, we went to Orchard for some shopping and PS 'cause he wanted to go for his haircut. While waiting for him, I just hang around shopping. Mphosis has 50% discount sales, i managed get a nice cardigan inside a messy and crowded shop.

When we reached SP, our lecturers ask us to go to foodcourt 4. To our surprise, the food court ask our own students from lion dance club to performance there. My lecturers joked that this is to welcome us back.

Anyway, i didn't want to take any photos at the beginning but the performance is pretty long. I decided to take out my camera and start shooting. The drumming was deafening and I risked "my ears" to get up close and personal shot.

After the performance, we did some catch up with the lecturers. The lecturers are as friendly as they used to be :) I guess they are source of contacts. I realised most of my ex classmates still keep in good contacts with them.

It's a nice surprise catch up with long lost friend and warmly lecturers. Glad that i took leave today. If not, will have to wait for one more year before he comes back for his holiday again...

No comments: