23 March, 2012

Courage and Confidence

Today I met 2 courageous women. Early in the morning, after I had my exercise at the park. I saw a beautiful flower. A woman walked over and offered her help to hold the flower upright for me to take the photo. I took 2 shots and she asked me if I know the name of the flower. I shook my head and she asked me to go to the library to find out. I thanked her.


As she about to walk off, she told me that she is a cancer patient. She told me that the teacher who taught me the merdian points exercises is very good. I told her I feel the same way too. I will continue to learn from this teacher. She saw me wearing shorts and advised me to wear long pants and bathe warm water after 2 hours later. This is to prevent rheumatisms. I find her very caring and helpful despite of her illness. I think she is courageous to share about her illness and she has overcome her emotional challenges.

Another woman is a blind girl who walks confidently up the escalator just like any other people. At first, I didn't know she is blind because she is carrying a bag, a paper bag and a stick. Then I take a closer look at her eyes and realised that her eyes are blind. A few minutes later, I notice a older woman was running towards her and talk to her. I think she could be her mother because they board the train together after that.

Their positive outlooks have taught me to look at brighter side of life :) Confidence can be build up day by day. Have the courage to explore and by doing the right thing continously, it becomes a routine and thus confidence is built.

No comments: