23 March, 2012

My first mug design

It all started by my sister's friend who wanted to learn clay making during the weekends. Surprisingly, both my sis and her friend are busy with their activities, unable to attend.

I was thinking since I have the time and I have the interest to take up new skills. Why not? The first day I met Alyson, she is the clay instructor. She teaches me how to make the clay and docorations. At first, I had no idea what do I want to design. Then I saw a lady who is doing her coloring of the mug. She gave me some ideas and inspirations.

I decided to make a flower handle and the land of beautiful sky and grass. Alyson, taught me how to make the flower petals and the leaves. I asked her guidance on how to make the handle. Whether is it too fat or too thin? Too short or too long? From her experience, she is able to see it at one glance and she advised me accordingly.

I spend one afternoon making the design of the mug. As I was making this mug, 2 children come over and ask me is it very difficult to make? I told them just enjoy what you do. :)

On the 2nd afternoon, Hazel, another clay instructor. She taught me the basic of coloring. I explore the colors on my own. The colors looks pastel when I color. Thinking that I need to color more layers to bring out the colors, I color many times haha :D Turns out to be the colors are very bright in the end, which is what I like :)

Hazel commented,"Wow, you can sat there for 3 hours just to paint the mug. You really got alot of patience." I smiled. This is the first time I heard someone saying me having patience haha :D I think mainly because I enjoy painting the mug and making sure the paints come out well :p

Hazel asked me if I will sell this mug, I told her of course not. This is my fruit of my labour :p It is really enjoyable making this mug. Seeing the mug from nothing to transform into a beautiful mug. This making of the mug requires patience, concentration and love :) It is the process that I learnt, makes the mug beautiful :)

1 comment:

DReaMY said...

we go make after i come back from HK ok? :p