01 March, 2012

Leap Day


Yesterday was Leap Day, I was excited to see rainbow on my way to mrt to attend my Toastmasters Club contest. Rainbow to me has a special meaning. Whenever I see rainbow, I feel there is hope in life. Maybe it is rare, therefore it becomes precious. Life is beautiful as it as many interesting things for me to explore and notice. I realised the colors of rainbow are gentle and soothing. I really feel blessed when I saw the rainbow as if it is just meant for my eyes.

There is a saying, though I do not know who quote this, someone said,"There will not be rainbow without rain." Actually, it should be there will not be rainbow without rain and sunshine! Whether it is sunshine or rain, they are part of beauty of life, without one of them, life will not be complete. Rain helps the farmers to nourish their rice in padi fields. Sunshine helps the farmers to dry up the rice for harvesting. To the farmers, both are equally important. I will appreciate the rain as much as the sunshine. Thank You, Rainbow! :)

Some knowledge taken from Wikipedia:
A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a multicoloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.

In a "primary rainbow", the arc shows red on the outer part, and violet on the inner side. This rainbow is caused by light being refracted while entering a droplet of water, then reflected inside on the back of the droplet and refracted again when leaving it.

No comments: