10 January, 2007

Are we taking good photographs?

Went to my photography class last night. We went to our first class photoshoot at changi ferry last sat. Last night is our photoshoot critics section. We have to select our 3 best shot and explain why we love about them.

So I choose these 3 photos:

My view: I like about "holes"on the leaves. I think they are special. So i took this photo directly.
Critics: However I didnt explore enough creativity. I could have use the holes to see what lies beyond the holes.

   
My view: Being "experimental", I tilted my photo. To me, its like the boat is moving upwards???
Critics: Some rules are meant to be broken but it doesnt really apply to horizon. But to others, it may appear that the horizon is lopsided and the boat looked as if it is struggling its way up?

Alright, I have changed back the photo to its "original" state :P


My view: This is the best shot that i have taken out of 200 shots! :P I saw this family were playing by the beach. They were walking their way back. I felt the kids have really enjoyed this trip. I quickly trigger my shutter to capture their best moment.
Critics: This photo is heartfelt and real.

My thoughts: What i love about this critics section is, we get to see other people works and we can learn from one another. Learnt how to take better composition in future. Learnt from own or other people mistakes or see what is the best angle to take the photo.. Learnt when to follow the rules or break them when necessary.

No comments: