09 January, 2007

I finally see my OWN rainbow

Last year has been a toughest year for me. I have high expectations of myself but I wasn’t really prepared or rather I wasn’t ready to adapt the new challenge and the environment. The pressure and fear in me, slowly piling up and it drew me into a vicious cycle.

I haven’t been myself but I don’t really know how to help myself. I was just like a designer, without a soul. Losing all my basic design instinct, confidence and not be able to express my own thoughts. I couldn’t even complete a simple project that was assigned to me.

Felt something is missing in me. I have been going through my own “self-reflection” therapy for these few months. Kept asking myself: “What is missing in my life?” I took up photography. It has changed my life and I found my answer.

It’s my passion in life, that I’m lacking! I have been closing my heart for all these years. Not be able to feel my surroundings and be imaginative. Imagination is endless. Anything around us can be used a creative object or an idea. We just need to be experimental and use our creative mind to create. Do you know even a tissue paper has its own value???

I have rediscovered myself. Looking for ideas at different perspectives and angles. Learning new things can be at any place, anywhere, as long as I never give up on learning. I have regained back my confidence level and I have not given up hope on being a creative designer.

My lecturer once said, “Life is too short. We should not have any regrets in our life.” I fully understand with what she meant. This year 2007 will be a new chapter in my life. I made plans and I’m excited about it. You will see a better Qiqi.

Photo taken at Changi Ferry.

No comments: