01 January, 2007

3.. 2.. 1.. Happy New Year!!!

It's an unusual way of welcoming year 2007. For the past years, either i comfortably sitting on my sofa couch, watching the countdown programme or squeezed myself in the huge crowd at the "countdown" places. This year i was being invited to attend BBQ, organised by Tampines CC. There was a wide spread of food. Celebrating with a group of friendly and heartwarming elders, was my first time. The feeling is different compared to mingle with my group of friends.

We wanted to stay for the countdown. We eat. We chat. We joked. But somehow the time passed quite slowly... As I walked out of the chalet, the breeze touches my face and gives me a cooling sensation. I saw this tree. It gave me a special feeling. The leaves were swaying as though they were welcoming me. I didn't really want to take out my camera as my friend is the "photographer of the nite". But in the end, i decided to take it and I glad that i did :)

3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!!! We were playing with the fire sticks and cheering for the new year. Everyone was excited with the countdown. My friend was busy taking photos, capturing the happy mood of everyone. He showed us an interesting photo that has the zooming effect at the sides so that the focus was on the uncle, holding the champagne bottle.

All of us think it was nice. So i commented, "Later the elders will say: Why so blur one!" He said that I was insulting his skills. Just right after 30 secs, an auntie walked by and commented. "Why the photo so blur one, huh?" hahahaha me and my another friend were laughing away. When he showed the "normal" kind of photo to her, that auntie says, "Yah these photos are better.. more sharp." kekekke

So some people are just not appreciative of artistic photos and we just need to take their comments as a pinch of salt.

No comments: