02 January, 2007

When I turn myself into Cinderella

Someone called me two days ago.
"Hello, You have won two complimentary photoshoot with us. It consists of two makeups, styling and photoshoots worth $588."

I was puzzled. "Where did you get my hp no?"

"Ohh you have won our lucky draw in one of the shopping malls. We have choosen you. You are one of the selected winners."

I was even puzzled cos i never sign up anything. There's no way i can win a lucky draw.

"Did you get the no wrongly? What lucky draw is that?"

"This lucky draw is actually organised by a few shopping malls. They have sponsered the complimentary photoshoot. This is to reward the shoppers. I think you might have forgotten."

I knew nothing in this world is free but since its complimentary. I just play along with it.

"Ok, pls let me know the details."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i went down to the shop today. Its actually an image consultant firm. The shop on the outlook is quite classy. There were a few groups of people chit chatting... A nice lady came over and introduce herself as my image consultant for the day. She made an open conversation with me. I think is to pass time so that i dont feel bored while waiting for the others to do their makeup and hairstyling.

Then she brought me to the costume area to select the clothes. They had cowboy suit, sexy leather clothings, night gowns, theme clothes such as cheong sum, japanese, korean. I keep shaking my head cos i think the clothes are abit too much for me. Luckily, i was asked to bring my two sets of clothes to change.

After im done, i was brought to one of the studios and they taught me how to pose myself at the best angle. At first, i was abit stiff cos i wasn't really prepared. Then somehow the photoshoot sessions get more and more fun.. and i was so into it hahaha...

When everything is finished, i was brought back to the hall. The image consultant start to perform the magic of photoshop. She has transformed two of my photos into beauties. Brainwashing me with their "lifetime warranty" photoshoot package. Showcasing their best portfolios and their best benefits of joining their members. Blah.. Blah.. Blah...

"So what's the price then?"
"Okay i get my sales guy to come over."
So a guy come over with a happy smile. (Got the villain look :P)
"Im going to sell u a promotional package. Just $124 per month, for 18 mths and u get our lifetime membership. You can refer your friends and you get some commission out of it. You can get back your money within 7 months."

Sounds too good to be true right? Actually i knew its a gimmick from the start. So i replied,"To be honest, I just want my complimentary shoot since its from a lucky draw and i have no intention of getting the album."

That guy and the image consultant face turned into "other color".

The guy says,"Aiyah, where got so lucky to win lucky draw everytime one. It must be one of your friends recommended you to us." Im still wondering who gives me such "a good lobang".

Anyway, I continued to play on, "Yah loh, Yes I also know. That's my intention of coming down to find out more and have fun!"

Ah-ha, Gocha... Yah that's the cunning marketing gimmick! They have no choice but to give me the 2 complimentary photos in the end. And u know what? The beauties had changed back to their original state when she burned the photos into the CD. Just like a Cinderella...

No comments: