29 January, 2007

Mahjong Session

Yesterday had a mahjong session with my family. Guess who initiate it? It's my mum! So unlike her.. She has no interest with mahjong all along.. we are so surprised that she initates it :P The reason that she wants to play mahjong is because she scared she will become senile if she don't learn it.

Each one of us forked out $20 for the game. My mum played for her first time, we taught her the basic rules of mahjong. We did not play those very chiem rules. Any form of "eating" is acceptable, so as long as we make the "eyes", "eat", "pong", "gang", we considered win the game le..

Maybe its her first time, she get to win a couple of times in the first few rounds. We said that she has "graduated" in mahjong. We all thought that she knows the basic rules of the game already.

There's one game, she shouted "Gang". We thought that she got 4 of the same kind tiles. In the end, she displayed "4, 5, 6 and 7" of tong zhi. We all burst out laughing...

Many funny and silly mistakes made by my mum, made the whole mahjong session an enjoyable and hilarious one.

In the end, my dad managed to break even, only me and my mum lost out to my sister, who is the big winner of the game :P

No comments: