09 May, 2021

Day 190: Self Control TV Addict

I am quite shocked that I watched 7 Korean Dramas in a month and 16 Korean Dramas within 2 months! Although most of them 16 episodes and one of them has 51 episodes. Be aware that I have spent 347 hours watching these dramas. I need my life back. Would it be better if I put my time to connect with myself, family and friends?

No doubt, these dramas have depth in the story, these are frictional stories.

1. It is okay not to be okay
- Understand about childhood trauma

2. Live up to your own name
- Learn about Western and Traditional acupunture medical

3. What's wrong with Secretary Kim
- Just a Light hearted Office Romance

4. Pinocchio
- News Broadcasting between Truth and Lies.
- The female lead newcaster hipcups when she lies.

5. Romance is a bonus book
- Book Publishing

6. Crash landing on you
- Romance between North and South Korea

7. Memories of the Alhambra
- Augmented Reality Gaming, pretty cool technology

8. Legend of the Blue Sea
- Relive past lives Romance

9. The Heirs
- High School Romance

10. Mystic Pop-up Bar
- Heals people wounds and traumas

11. Strong Girl Bong Soon
- A superpower girl that fights for justice and help the weaker people

12. W
- About a couple living at different dimensions in a fantasy-reality romance.

13. My Halo Love
- About a girl with an AI romance

14. Hyde, Jekyll, Me
- About a CEO has to split of himself as 2 personality due to a childhood tramatic event.

15. Secret Garden
- About a CEO falls in love with a stunt woman

16. The Empress Ki
- Frictionised based on Historical Character Empress Ki, about the life of a girl from Koryeo who becomes the most powerful woman of a Yuan Empire and her loves as she is torn between two countires.

17. Her Private Life
- a romantic comedy about an idol fangirl Sung Deok Mi who works as a curator at an art museum and tries to hide her fangirl side, but her secret becomes in jeopardy of being exposed after a new director Ryan Gold arrives.

18. The King: Eternal Monarch
- a fantasy K-drama, a fight between good and evil between two parallel universes set in Korea.

19. The Tale of Nine Tailed
- Mystical about a Nine Tailed Fox who has given up on his mountain spirit status and keep wandering the Living realm to look for his first love.

20. Hotel Del Luna
- A young man who is forced to manage a hotel for dead souls, an elite hotelier gets to know the establishment's ancient owner and her strange world.

21. Vincenzo
- a Korean-Italian mafia lawyer gives an unrivaled conglomerate a taste of its own medicine with a side of justice.

22. Bride of Habaek
- God of water who fall in love with a human being.

23. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
- a young woman chasing her dream of weightlifting, about a group of college athletes who are fighting for their dreams, experiencing and finding love in the process, and growing every step of the way. Inspired by the life of Olympic gold-medalist Jang Mi-ran.

24. Coffee Prince
- a rich guy falls in love with a tomboy, who later becomes a barista.

25. About Time
- A woman has ability to see other people’s life spans and knows that her own time is limited.

26. Cinderella and the Four knights
- Eun Ha Won is in her third year of high school with dreams of becoming a teacher. A Grandfather wants Eun Ha Won to bond his 4 grandson together to take care of his empire.

27. Pasta
- The workplace romantic comedy is about the dreams and struggles of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef.

28. 200 Pound Beauty (Movie)
- A talented but obese girl, who ghost-sings for a not-so-talented pop star, undergoes extensive plastic surgery to become a slender beauty with a new identity.

29. Accidentally In Love (Chinese)
-A popular singer, Your Highness decides to go back to school, becoming the center of attention there, and meets an ordinary female student, Chen Qing Qing with a dual personality.

30. I hear your voice
- Jang Hye Sung (Lee Bo Young) is a bold, sassy, thick-faced, comical female government lawyer. Cha Kwan Woo (Yoon Sang Hyun) is a serious, passionate and macho former police officer who becomes a government lawyer. Meanwhile, Park Soo Ha (Lee Jong Suk) is a 19 years old boy who has the superpower to hear people’s thoughts. Together they will team up to solve the cases that no one else wants, cases that only have a one percent chance of being found innocent.

In the past, I watch Dramas be it local channels, hong kong dramas, JDramas or KDrama in order to feel better. TV offers distraction and escape. When I had a difficult or stressful day, I watched Dramas to distract myself from looking into myself or move away from my real life problems.

For now, I watch KDrama is more for relaxation. There’s nothing wrong with occasionally using drama to help relieve or express painful, anxiety emotions. I personally enjoy fantasy dramas, over romance dramas.

I need to be aware that problems can develop when TV becomes my primary coping strategy and keeps me from seeking out more productive methods of dealing with distress. Dramas can’t help me to resolve whatever I am dealing with. It can help me feel better for a while, but chances are, my improved mood won’t last until I take steps to address any problems.

After 12 Kdramas, I think I have enough of the dramas, my work is coming in already. I will stay away from Netflix now. Remember, I need to stay in the present.

No comments: