13 May, 2021

Day 194: Graduation Reflection

Looking back one and half years ago, I was about to leave my volunteer work at FGS Dharma class, Venerable Miao Mu asked me to stay. She just told me,"You just need to manage your time well."

These few words just opened up my mind. I was thinking how could I make it possible? Can I really cope with so many things at one go? The fear and doubts set in. What if I failed? What if I can't cope? What if no one supports me? Of course, none of the worst case scenarios ever kicks in.

True enough, although it was quite a crazy year, working, volunteering, studying and networking. I managed to pull them through. Things changed due to Covid fortunately, many things from face to face became online. That made a lot of things easier for me to cope with.

It's possible to do it when we prioritise our time properly. 🤪 The key to success is to take one step at a time. Focus what matters truly at that point in time and do it mindfully.

I am grateful for my lecturers' knowledge and experiences and classmates' support especially, Evelyn. We pull through thick and thin for all our UIUX projects. We shared the same values and good learning attitudes. I must say Evelyn's design work is wonderful and I hope we have opportunities to collaborate together.

I remembered there was 1 project, both of us were so eager to share all our learnings with the rest, that our marks got deducted. Thinking back, I just felt so amused as we didn't follow the "guidelines". It's easy to score points in school when you know the school rules. In real life, it's all about relationships, other factors involved and it is a different type of ball game.

It's a crazy yet magical year, things just flow through nicely for me. I finally understood what it really means by going with the flow. I am thankful for people who have helped me in my learning and gave me the lessons I needed to learn. I am grateful for the learning experience.

It was also lovely to take some beautiful photos and catch up with Evelyn today. May we continue our friendship, hopefully we can reconnect with other classmates soon.

P.S. Thank you Mr Allan Tee, hobbyist photographer, for offering his kind help, to take some professional shots at the river bank, which both of us were least expecting. #WorkInProgress #SPGraduation #MovingForward #Breakthroughs

No comments: