10 April, 2007

Don't be a perfectionist

"Don't be a perfectionist." Always reminded by my manager.

A colleague asked me to send me a higher resolution company logo for one of the websites. When I look at the website, I almost fainted. The logo was hidding at the right hand side of the corner. I could not even see the logo when i login the website until i search for it.

The logo size need for the logo is 110x59 pixel. Spoke to the IT engineer, he said that the website structure cannot be modified. Hello, you think i'm 3 year old kid ah, I have been in web industry for more than 5 years. Why website structure cannot be modified? Websites have the flexibility to do anything, it is the matter whether the engineer wants to do it or not.

Since they are so ridge, then there is nothing i can do about it. I sent an email to his boss to tell him that IT Engineer claim that the website structure could not be modified thus they have to just make do with the small and low resolution logo!

We have to let our corp comms to approve all our corporate logos. Our Corp Comms Manager called me up and asked me why the logo has to be this small size and it appear to be so ugly.

I explain to her about the whole situation. She just said,"Your side always do things on your own. Since everyone has their own systems then don't need to follow the guidelines." Then she hung up.

She doesn't listen to my explaination correctly. This problem is not I created by me. The system is so ridge until that it can only restricted the logo to that amount of size. Out of goodness, I highlighted the problem and now she thinks that I never follow the guideline.

I shall let my manager handle this.

No comments: