12 April, 2007

True Love

Tes was sharing with me about how to differentiate between true love and romantic love. She said how would you feel if your love one decided to leave you one day? Imagine you have found a letter and he wrote that he fall in love with your best friend and they want to be together. How will you feel?

If your answer is hurt and betrayed, it is just a romantic love.
However if your answer is you will continue to bless them and give them the blessing, that is true love.

I can't help but thinking about my past love relationships. Over the two relationships, I guess both are just romantic love. True love is selfless love, no matter how much hurt and sadness he/she has given you, you will still continue to love and give him/her your blessings. Not many people can achieve it. Old people always say true love is hard to get.

I wonder if there is true love really exists or it just happens in our own fairy tales...

No comments: