25 April, 2007

Networking Night

Went to the networking night organised by SDU. Missed that last session, this time round my boss "force" me to go... Don't really feel like going alone so in the end ask my Xiao Mei to join me. Guess what, my boss ban her from going loh because shes attached le... So i come out with backup plan, ask another colleague of mine to go with me... using my sweet talk and my voice to charm her to go... but no matter what i say, she's just not interested...

Alright i shall go alone then...

My boss "saboed" me.. tells me Bus no 7 will reached SDU. That particular bus stop that she told me doesn't have that bus no. I was running late, i had to take a cab there. Don't know is my unlucky day or not, today is that cab driver first day driving! He doesn't know the exact place despite i told him its at stevens road. We took quite awhile to find the place.

The dinner is lousy, the people are mostly shy, the games are silly and boring. We had no common topics or interest. So superficial... The only thing that keeps me interested is the talk. The speaker is quite jovial and humourous. The topics, he touched on, are quite useful and interesting. He shared with us how woman and man think and how spouses can live harmony despite of the difference...

At the end of the event, we are kinda "force" to take down the numbers of the people around us because it is part of the game.

Hmmm let me think... what shall i do with these long list of numbers then?

No comments: