11 April, 2007

Sprained ankle

On Monday night, i sprained my ankle at AMK Japanese restaurant. They had a poorly constructed platform. The chair is placed very near to the edge. As I was standing up, I lost my foothold and fell down onto the floor. It is the same old injury. It has been a few years since I last sprained my ankle. I told myself not to get any injuries anymore. But sometimes things just happened again.

I was rather angry and upset by the restaurant. I wanted to scream at them. Ironically, I was reading a book about controlling our own anger. Losing our own anger, we have already lost half of the battle.

Strangely, I did not scream at them. However, all the waiter and waitresses felt bad and apologetic. One of the waiter rushed in to make ice pack and started to rub my swollen ankle. After 10 mins, I felt better with my swollen ankle.

One of the waiters tells me that they have highlighted to their boss about this issue already and the boss had some intention of doing some renovation to the shop. Which means there is some accident happened before and til now they have not done anything about it yet.

After thinking back, if I have been more careful and wasn't thinking about something in my head, I wouldn't have got myself injured at all.

Tes injured her right elbow during her exercising, I still laughed at her. I injured my left ankle, she says it is my "bao yin". We are really best of pals. We both injured on the same day ah :P

No comments: