09 April, 2007

The story of the 2 bad bricks

I really like this story that Tes has shared with me. Hope that you have different perspective about yourself.

Due to lack of funds, the monk has to DIY the construction of the temple themselves. Anyway, this monk (the author) after studying around, started to construct a brickwall. Patiently, aligning each and every brick to make it perfect. Slow and steady. Everything seems great. Until the end, when he looked at it. Oh no, 2 bricks were mis-aligined and it spoiled the whole wall!! Bad wall!!! Wanted to pull down the wall, but the abbot refuses to.

Whenever visitors came, the monk would try to avoid this particular wall, cause it's ugly. Until one day, a visitor made a remark "that's a nice wall u got there!!" THe monk was surprised. And yes, it's a great wall. There's 998 good bricks and only 2 ugly bricks. THe ones above, below, left, right of the ugly bricks were all good bricks. So why do we keep "staring" at the bad bricks and forget the rest of the good bricks. And it's a good wall afterall. Let's not demolish the good wall, just because of 2 bad bricks. it's a waste.

Everyone has their bad bricks, but we shd not just concentrate on them, coz we have many more good bricks within us. Start to look at the good bricks....

My thoughts: I'm a perfectionist... i only look at my own flaws more than my virtues... So that i can improve on it and become a better person. Friends always tell me I'm a nice person and you have great personality but that is because they haven't see my flaws yet.

Always wanted to be someone's perfect girl. Losing my own character to suit everyone and make myself to become a barbie doll. At the end of day, is it what I really wanted??? I guess not...

Love me for who I am...

No comments: