05 April, 2007

Unpro Photoshoot Saga Continues...

I was complaining to my manager about the unpro photoshoot. Show her the photos and she said this series of photos need to be reshoot again. That unpro "photographer" told us that he found a professional photographer for us with studio settings. Sounds great isn't it?

However, we need to provide our own props and have to go down to the place. My colleagues and me feel weird because why do we have to prepare our own "props"? Anyway, we just prepare and go there.

Just to recap the problems that we faced in previous shooting.
Problem 1: Lack of models so I become the "Stand-In" Model.
Problem 2: All props such as pen, organiser, laptop, need to be self-sustained.
Problem 3: We could not find a good conference room. End up have to make do with ugly room. Wrong backdrop + Wrong lightings = Wrong feelings
Problem 4: Photographer has shaky hands and he doesn't bring his tripod.

For today shooting:
Solution 1: We have sufficient models.
Solution 2: We still need to provide our own props.
Solution 3: We still could not find a good conference room, not to mention about "proper" studio.
Solution 4: Found 2 Photographers to do the job

Although we still could not find the proper conference room, but having a photographer, does play an important role. At least, the photos are slightly more professionally taken, despite the lousy settings.

I like working with the first photographer. I show him what I want and he takes his own initiative and creative eye to find the angle that he wants. However, he has another assignment so he asked another photographer to take over this job.

The 2nd photographer just does exactly what I wanted but somehow I feel that he is just follow by the book. When I asked him to free play with different directions and angles. He looked at me as if I'm an alien. He just couldn't visualise what I wanted. The photos turns out to be boring and "safe" photos.

Almost have the urge to take over his camera and shoot haha but I know it will be very rude and he will feel very insulted :p

No comments: