17 April, 2007

Stick by the rules?

I accompanied my mum to my cousin's place because it's my youngest nephew's first month birthday. On our way to her house, we were stuck along Lor Chuan Road because there was an minor accident. A car just accidentally hit the motorbike. The victim seemed okay, he was just resting at the side of the pathway. The motorbike was at the other side of the lane. If the lady bus driver detour abit, The bus should be able to move past the accident area.

The problem is the lady bus driver refused to do that because the bus company policy says so. This has created a big "hoo-har" because it was clearly seen that she was sticking by the company rules. Of course, all the uncles and aunties stood up and scolded her.. while some try to persuade her..

No means no...

This has forced some people to alight from the bus. My mum and I had no choice but to wait because this was the only bus route that was able to reach my cousin's place. This has caused a heavy traffic jam. Luckily, there were some kind souls got out of the bus and made some traffic directions so that the cars were able to move..

We waited and waited... Finally after 30 mins, our "life saver" finally managed to turned up. He just moved the motorbike at the side. And the traffic condition was resumed.

I find this whole incident is so silly...
Why do we need to wait for a Traffic Police to move the bike to the side? Traffic Police station is just right at the corner, the ambulance come within 10 mins and why does it takes him to reach there in 30 mins?

No comments: