07 November, 2020

Day 10: Teamwork

This year is my 8th year at Fo Guang Shan Children Dharma class. Today is also online closing ceremony of MTS Children Dharma Class. It is our first time doing it and it is a success. I am grateful. Behind every success, a lot of preparation needed to be done. I had learnt a lot through voluntary work at Mee Toh School.

Here are few of my important learnings and realisation.
1. Build good affinity with people around me.

2. Be ready to give. Giving is better than receive because you have more than others. Blessings will always come back to you.

3. Be clear of what kind of information I need to send out.

4. Be proactive. Help others whenever possible within my own means.

5. Learn to communicate with others. Misunderstanding arises when we choose to keep things to ourselves.

6. Organise my things through categories. Have a system that people understand.

7. Put myself in other people shoes. See it from other people perspectives.

8. When there are a lot of procedures. Prepare the SOPs so that others understand what are required to do and what is required to followup.

9. Always look out for good affinities so that I can leverage on other people skills and talents.

10. Learn to manage people expectations and find the harmony point where everyone can work well together. See other people strengths, instead of their weaknesses.

No comments: