12 November, 2020

Day 15: Spine and Pain

On 7 Nov, I slipped and fell. I went to see the xray scan on 10 Nov. Today went to see Melisa, to find out how serious is my spine damage. It turns out that the spine upper back has shifted 12% and lower back has shifted 16%. According to Melisa, it is still not too bad. Degeneration has taken place. I am glad that I had informed decision about my spine condition.

Due to the spine and pelvic have shifted, more pain have experienced. Melisa mentioned that I needed 3 - 6 months for me to recover. I take it as my investment for my health. I felt like I am taking a science class today to learn about my own condition. Never leave the decision for others to make for me. I never expect that this fall has made me more aware of my own health conditions. I can take more precautions now.

I just wonder,"Why do I need to make myself in such situation to make people care for me, just to have contact with myself?" I am glad that because I am trauma informed, I take in the information in a healthy and responsible way. I decide for myself to get myself treated and not to let others to decide for me. I feel a lot more courageous and stable to my own decision making.

Many people choose to meet mishap before they truly take themselves seriously, this includes me. I hope that as I become more and more healthy, my health will be slowly improve and my quality of life will improve too.

No comments: