16 November, 2020

Day 18: A Letter to my future self

Today I went to Creative Mindset, Tampines Hub for a session. My task is to write a letter to my future self. I can only read this again 3 years later in 2023 when I am 45 years old.

Dear Future Rachel,

Thank you for walking through this healing journey with me, it is not easy but I feel it is worthwhile. Due to Covid-19 in 2020, the whole world seems to put to a stop / a reset. Those businesses used to flourish, now has obsoleted. I believe everything in my life is starting to transform. I feel a lot more hopeful and joyful ever since I started my IOPT healing in 2018. By looking at my own traumas, I get to understand why I behave and react in certain ways. Now, I could smile from my heart truly and genuinely.

Year 2012 - 2020, these 8 years of self discovery, healing and exploring myself is not an easy feat. I finally feel that I can love myself, appreciate myself, see myself as a subject. I learn to listen more towards myself. External factors are just resources that I can tap on to help me to grow up as a person. I uncover many good qualities and values that I have. I cherish myself as a human being. Life is precious and vulnerable. I take my life seriously.

The fear that I have are financial and whether I am capable and wise enough to handle the challenges in my life. I wasn't good at managing money. The fear of losing money, constantly worrying not having money when I becoming older. The fear of not able to close sales or bring in money to upload the quality life. The fear of not having enough, lack of resources etc. I realised that I am enough and I have resources to fulfil the goals that I want. I just need to ASK!

My personal values are
1. Clarity
2. Courage
3. Trust
4. Growth
5. Gratitude

My business values are
1. Authencity
2. Integrity
3. Respect
4. Dedication
5. Commitment

My skillsets are graphics, UX Design. I love to design and I also like art and craft. They unleash the creativity in me. I enjoy planning and build systems. I am a detailed person, I like to look at the details. I have good relationships with my peers, which I am thankful for.

The thing that is important to me right now is my health. I feel that I need to put in efforts to recover my health. I only have 1 body, if I don't bother to take care of myself, then who will do it? There is no one. I feel tired and exhausted writing now as I ate too much just now with meiyan, manice, stephanie and lay eng at ling zhi vegetarian liat towers. I need to say no to food that will harm my body. I allow myself to rest even if I need that 5 mins.

I want to stop sleeping late, stop eating fried, oily food and food that is harmful to my body. I want to continue to go to the park to exercise everyday in the morning. I want to continue my daily journal. I want to start reading, increase my knowledge. Live by my own values: Clarity, courage, trust, growth, gratitude.

Dear Future Rachel, I hope you have improve your health conditions. You are able to live the life you always wanted, to have the space that you need. I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart and I love you. Take care I bless you with all the lovely and meaningful moments that you want by having more joy and laughter in your life.

Love you,
Rachel in 2020

No comments: