20 November, 2020

Day 22: Hoarding or Decluttering

2 years ago, at age of 40, I told myself I didn't want to continue to live the type of life for the next 40 years. I wanted to change my space and I did it. The type of living environment means a lot to me.

I got an old friend of mine inspired.

Recently she decided to declutter her house. She literally discarded more than 50% of the things in her house that she doesn't need anymore. She told me that she doesn't want to live in such a mess when she will be in her 60 soon. She will not have any more energy to clean up her house when she is in 70s.

I felt so happy for her. I can feel that she finally realised how important to stay present in the moment. She felt a lot happier and feel so good about herself. She felt that she is moving into a new home. She can feel wind coming into her house when she never had such experience lol 😃

Yesterday I came across a lady, who told me that she bought 3 wallets at 1 go and I asked her if she is giving them away as gifts. She said no. Did she threw away other old wallets? She said no.

A food for thought: I start to wonder why a person needs to have so many similar things in his/her life. When you can only use once at a time. Hmmm...

Are we decluttering or hoarding things in our lives? #hoarding #decluttering #lifelessons

No comments: