05 January, 2021

Day 68: What do I want to stop and improve in 2021?

This morning a business owner asked me what are 3 things I want to stop in 2021.
I thought about it, here are my answers.
1) Toxic people
Because no matter what you say, they always have some bad things to say. They just refuse/unable to move on with their lives. That drains a lot of energy, even you don't realise it.

2) Broken promises
Because they are unable to commit. It's time to move on as you will never in their priority list.

3) Poorly organised meetings
This is one of the reasons why I left the corporate world. 10 people in the meeting, no one dares to make a decision or too many decision makers but only 1 person doing the actual work.

What do I want to improve?

1) Financial Literacy - Save first before invest, grow money, to gain financial freedom

2) Communication - To motivate and influence others to be better, support as a community

3) Visual Storytelling - To tell a compelling stories that touches people heart

I was pretty inspired by Goh Wei Choon, co-founder of The Woke Salaryman, co-founder of The Woke Salaryman, as he shares what led him to becoming interested in financial literacy. How a comic artist make his life works for him
https://fb.watch/2OCbdskKIH/

I can totally relate to this. Making a decent salary in Singapore as an artist is a huge challenge. I am glad that this artist finds his own source of means and get out of his rat race.

Good times create weak people (People are complacent)
Weak people create bad times (People create unnecessary inconvenience / conflicts)
Bad times create good people (People help one another)

Books that he recommended
1) Ego is the Enemy, Ryan Holiday
2) Your money or your life, Joseph R. Dominguez, Monique Tilford, Vicki Robin
3) Think and Grow Rich, Napolean Hill
4) Atomic Habits, James Clear
5) Robert Kuok: A Memoir, Robert Kuok
6) Shoe Dog, Phil Knight
7) The Woke Salaryman Important knowledge for people who earn less than $4,500 a month in Singapore, Goh Wei Choon

What do I want to change

1) Change my sleeping and waking up time

2) Change my way of responding to my parents

3) Change my eating habits, more plantbased food.

What can remain?

#WorkingMoreEffectively #GrowingRichInsideOut

No comments: