18 March, 2021

Day 139: IOPT Study Group - Relationship with Children

3 Children Blindspots
1. Stress
Stuck in overcoming obstacles, self-sacrifice

2. Critical
Self-critical, blunt

3. Use the same methods
Don’t enjoy challenges, don’t enjoy experimenting
How do you relate with the 3 Children Blindspots?
I feel I have 1, 2 and 3.
I used to feel I was somewhat stuck in overcoming obstacles. It was too much for me. I felt so challenged. I tend to stress a lot.
Now I feel that I can move forward and I have ideas and resources to help and support me. Things can move easily.

My parents were critical with their words. In fact, some of my relatives were like that too. I used to be very self-critical. Everything I do are not good enough. I learnt that blaming has no value and it just make me feel exhausted and depressed. I was quite blunt with my words too.
Now I am more patient with myself and trying to see how can I help myself to reduce the stuckness. I learnt to explain myself to let the other person understand my meaning.

I used to dislike challenges and experimentation. Being an entrepreneur, in order to grow, there will definitely be challenges.
Now I learn to accept challenges as I see challenges to help me to evolve to a better person.

Which blindspots of yours same as your parents?
Self-critical and blunt from mum. She is very blunt with her words.
Use the same methods from dad. He doesn’t like new challenges.

Share one consequence from any of the blindspots.
Use the same methods
I used to dislike challenges and experimentation. Being a designer, in order to grow, there will definitely be changes and experimenting ideas. As the result of wasn’t able change much, it affected my work.
Now I learn to accept feedback as I see these feedbacks are just allows me to learn new things and expand my mind.

"There are 1000 solutions to each problem. There is no need to keep applying the same methods all the time.” - Christine Wong

”There is no right or wrong. It is about effectiveness.” - Hyder Taufik

No comments: