20 March, 2021

Day 141: 4 Hours Mindfulness Meditation

Today I had 4 hours of Mindfulness Meditation with Cindy Luar. We did sitting and walking meditation. I tried to eat mindfully, I felt good. A golden silent retreat with myself.

Sharing an excerpt from from Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mountain Meditation.
"The mountain just sits, experiencing change in each moment, constantly changing, yet always just being itself. It remains still as the seasons flow into one another and as the weather changes moment by moment and day by day, calmness abiding all change…"
A good reminder for me that conditions change all the time. Do not be too upset what has happened, acknowledge it, aware of my own emotions. I can always choose to respond calmly.

I noticed there is pain in my ankle area, the results of walking too much and pain at my lower back, the results of sitting too much. These are signs of aging. I release the tension at these areas and I really feel a lot better.

In our lives and in our meditation practice, we experience constantly the changing nature of mind and body and of the outer world, we have our own periods of light and darkness, activity and inactivity, our moments of vibrancy and our moments of quietness.

To remind ourselves what it means to live mindfully with resolve and with wakefulness, in true stillness…

#WorkInProgress #MindfulMeditation #SelfCareRetreat

No comments: