06 March, 2007

Special Blog: Tremors felt in sg

My company building shakes for 3s. Shakingness was felt around 11.50am. At first, I thought it's because i shake my chair. Then I felt strange because i stopped moving and yet my body still moves.

One of my colleages asked if we felt anything shaking. All of us suddenly get so worked up. My manager thought her chair screw came off, my collegue thought she's having a headache, my xiao mei just thought because she shakes her chair.

Then we saw other colleagues in other dept come out of their dept. We think it is quite serious, so better get out of the building. But luckily major happens in our building.

I went to Channel Newsasia website to see the news.

Headlines: Tremors felt in Singapore after quake rocks Sumatra.
"Singapore's Meteorological Services Division said an earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter Scale struck Padang, Indonesia at about 11.50am on Tuesday. The epicentre was 50 kilometres north-northeast of Padang, on the island of Sumatra in Indonesia and some 430 kilometres south-west of Singapore. Tremors were also felt in many parts of Singapore.

Callers to the MediaCorp News Hotline said they felt tremors in areas such as Beach Road, Jalan Besar, Robinson Road, Shunfu and Toa Payoh. Some buildings, like the Concourse at Beach Road, Capital Square and Centennial Tower in the city, and even Ngee Ann Polytechnic in Clementi, were evacuated.

Witnesses said several tall buildings in the central business district swayed slightly."

After seeing the article, I just can't help but feeling sad. This time dunno how many thousands of lives need to sacrific for this natural disaster.

No matter how lousy our life is, we can control and change it but we do not have the ability to control our life and death. We do not know when are we going to die so just live our life to the fullest.

No comments: