01 March, 2007

Team Building Course

Today I attended an interesting course. It's our team-building course. The presenter is from "Potential People". She is teaching us how to improve on our presentation skills. I was thinking that it will be a boring course. Surprisingly, when I step in the room, the presenter walks towards me and asked me for my name and tries to make friendly conversation with me.

Then we were asked to draw a caricature of ourselves and describe two important facts that I think my friends would want to know. I wrote: I love to make new friends and I like to travel any place that is outside of Singapore. Just in case you are wondering why the drawing is so ugly.. it is because we have to use our non writing hand to draw :p And this is how it turns out...

We play games and learn how to use our own body language, our vocal, our eye contacts. It was very fun and entertaining.

The best part of the course, which I like, is to learn to use the fish card and feedforwarding card. Feedforwarding card works like a feedback card. You will write work / personal problems on Feedforwarding card. And you ask your friends or family on how to improve or resolve the issue. You may agree or disagree. But it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

The fish card is just a card that you will write appreciation words on the card and give it to the person. You will make that person feel appreciated by this little gesture. I felt this course has benefit me so I gave a fish card to the presenter to appreciate her good effort in sharing her knowledge and experiences with us.

There are lots of motivational posters pastes all around in the room. But the most inspiring one is: Knowledge is only rumor until it is in the muscle :)

No comments: